Rome’s historic Capitol Theatre (220 W. Dominick St.) will present their annual festival of Warner Bros. cartoons, CARTOON MADNESS from Monday, February 17 through Saturday, February 22.
The show will consist of 10 color and two black & white cartoons originally released between 1935 and 1953, considered by many to be the “golden age” of animation. The dozen shorts run approx. seven minutes each, and star such popular Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies characters as Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Elmer Fudd, the Roadrunner, Tweety Bird, and Sylvester the Cat. This year’s theme for the show is “A Plethora of Porky” and will include six shorts featuring Porky Pig, tracing his beginnings in 1935 through his years as a “star” of Looney Tunes cartoons at Warner Bros.
CARTOON MADNESS will be shown via digital prints directly from Warner Bros. in Hollywood, and the shorts will be projected onto the historic Capitol Theatre’s 20-ft. high screen. The cartoons are all rated “G” and are family-friendly.
Show times are Monday-Friday, Feburary 17-22 at 3:00 daily, and Saturday, February 22 at 3:00 and 7:00. (The identical show runs each of these times.)
Admission is $4 for adults and $3 for children 12 and under. Tickets are available at the door, in advance from the Capitol Box Office (315-337-6453), and on-line.
CARTOON LINE-UP, 2020
1. Baseball Bugs (1946; directed by Friz Freleng) Bugs Bunny
2. I Haven’t Got a Hat (1935; directed by Friz Freleng) Beans the Cat, Porky Pig (1st appearance)
3. The Great Piggy Bank Robbery (1946; directed by Robert Clampett) Daffy Duck
4. The Blow Out (1936; directed by Tex Avery) Porky Pig
5. Canary Row (1950; directed by Friz Freleng) Tweety Bird & Sylvester the Cat
6. Porky Pig’s Feat (1943; directed by Frank Tashlin) Porky Pig, Daffy Duck
7. Bugs Bunny Gets the Boid (1942; directed by Robert Clampett) Bugs Bunny
8. Kitty Kornered (1946; directed by Robert Clampett) Porky Pig
9. Guided Muscle (1955; directed by Chuck Jones) The Road Runner, Wyle E. Coyote
10. Scaredy Cat (1948; directed by Chuck Jones) Porky Pig, Sylvester the Cat
11. Slick Hare (1947; directed by Friz Freleng) Bugs Bunny, Elmer Fudd
12. Porky Chops (1949; directed by Arthur Davis) Porky Pig