Cinema Capitol will present the 1986 Japanese anime movie CASTLE IN THE SKY from Friday, April 26-Thursday, May 2. There will be both Japanese language and English-dubbed show times.
CASTLE IN THE SKY was the very first animated movie created by the prominent Studio Ghibli and was directed by the eminent Hayao Miyazaki. The plot follows Pazu, an engineer’s apprentice, who spies a young girl named Sheeta floating down from the sky upon a glowing pendant. Both Sheeta and Pazu are searching for a legendary floating castle and they vow to travel there together to unravel the mystery of the luminous crystal. The English-dubbed cast includes the voices of Anna Paquin, James Van Der Beek, Cloris Leachman, Mark Hamill, and Mandy Patinkin.
CASTLE IN THE SKY was voted the second best Japanese animated film of all time at the 2006 Japan Media Arts Festival and placed first in a 2008 Oricon audience poll. The movie has had a strong influence on Japanese popular culture, and has inspired numerous films, media, and games across the globe.
CASTLE IN THE SKY runs 126 minutes and is rated PG. Admission is $8 for adults, $7 for students and military, and $6 for Capitol Friends.
Tickets are available at the door and in advance from the Capitol box office (315-337-6453) and online.
- April 26, 2019 4:00 pm – DUBBED –
- April 26, 2019 7:00 pm – Subtitled –
- April 27, 2019 4:00 pm – Subtitled –
- April 27, 2019 7:00 pm – Subtitled –
- April 28, 2019 1:00 pm – DUBBED –
- April 28, 2019 4:00 pm – Subtitled –
- April 29, 2019 7:00 pm – Subtitled –
- April 30, 2019 7:00 pm – DUBBED –
- May 1, 2019 7:00 pm – Subtitled –
- May 2, 2019 7:00 pm – Subtitled –